dolphin-emu requires KMS to get OpenGL?

Ganael LAPLANCHE martymac at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 28 10:34:09 UTC 2013

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:55:18 +0200, David Demelier wrote

Hi David,

> I wanted to try out the last version of dolphin-emu (4.0.0).
>
> When I try to start any game it stops with :
>
> Your card supports OpenGL 2.0?
> Your card supports OpenGL 3.0?
>
> I'm running standard Xorg without KMS with a ATI Radeon 4330.
>
> Is KMS mandatory for that card?

I am not tried Dolphin without KMS (what works for me is an intel card
with KMS + latest Mesa), but you need for sure the latest version of
Mesa (9.1.6). This means you will have to upgrade Xorg & co with
WITH_NEW_XORG set if not done.

Best regards,

--
Ganael LAPLANCHE <ganael.laplanche at martymac.org>