"share/applications missing" causing lots of "leftovers" in other ports (was: [QAT] r331428: 4x leftovers)

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 25 07:33:19 UTC 2013

Gnome@, can you please check if the desktop-file-utils port needs fixing
WRT removal of the $PREFIX/share/applications directory, on short notice
please?  (Perhaps an error when converting to staging, the check-orphans
targets, as well as poudriere testport, can cause false positives.)

This has been going on for several days now, and clouds the view on
actual port problems.

Details below.

Am 25.10.2013 04:26, schrieb Ports-QAT:
> Update distinfo path.
>
>   Build ID:          20131023211200-34188
>   Job owner:         mandree at FreeBSD.org
>   Buildtime:         29 hours
>   Enddate:           Fri, 25 Oct 2013 02:26:34 GMT
>
>   Revision:          r331428
>   Repository:        https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=331428

>     Port:            deskutils/docear 1.0.0
>
>       Buildgroup:     8.4-QAT/amd64
>       Buildstatus:   LEFTOVERS
>       Log: https://qat.redports.org//~mandree@FreeBSD.org/20131023211200-34188-212232/docear-1.0.0.log

and in all of the four we see it's not actually a leftover, but instead
damage to the directory hierarchy:

> === Checking filesystem state after all packages deleted
> list of files present on clean system but missing after everything was deinstalled)
> ./usr/local/share/applications missing
> build of /usr/ports/deskutils/docear ended at Thu Oct 24 02:02:20 UTC 2013

I believe that this is caused by the desktop-file-utils port; the
following excerpt is from my home tinderbox on 8.3 amd64 (and docear
uses desktop-file-utils):