10.0-hosted tinderbox: 8.4 builds broken?

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at nsu.ru
Sun Oct 20 14:51:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 01:36:45PM +0100, Chris Rees wrote:
> It appears that really weird SRCBASE assumptions are made throughout the
> code.  I'll have to put a temporary hack in to just make SRCBASE appear
> inside the chroot whatever it's set to.  Setting and unsetting SRCBASE
> just breaks different things in weird ways, and this is the only reliable
> fix I've found.

I've just setup another tinderbox here on 11-CURRENT and did a fresh
checkout from CVS; I confirm that I can build packages for both 9.2 and
10.0-BETA just fine now, thanks!

However I've noticed another regression: doing chmod g+w /usr/ports/distfiles
in the middle of the tinder run totally confuses it: all build attempts
after chmod fail with identical tiny log files:

  building lcms2-2.5 in directory /usr/home/danfe/tb/9.2-wip
  make: cannot open /a/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk.
  cd: /usr/ports/graphics/lcms2: No such file or directory

The reason for a chmod: I normally build ports from a user, and to allow
it to fetch distfiles, give write permissions to wheel group.  I also do
./tc configDistfile -c /usr/ports/distfiles, and it always changed perms
back.  It's annoying, but I can live with it: just chmod the damn directory
again.

chmod'ing in the middle of tinder run is because I often do the runs while
installing something from ports manually at the same time.

Previously tinderbox simply complained like this in the end of the build
log:

Fatal error: filesystem was touched prior to 'make install' phase
distcache changed
        permissions expected 0755 found 0775

But this (and subsequent) packages were still built successfully.

Now chmod'ing totally screws up the whole (remaining) build.

BTW, would it be possible to prevent forcing 0755 perms?  I don't really
see any point for doing this in the first place...

./danfe