Compiling sguil-server on Release 9.2 i386

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Sun Oct 20 01:49:21 UTC 2013

--On October 19, 2013 4:37:58 PM +0200 John Marino
<freebsd.contact at marino.st> wrote:

> On 10/19/2013 16:32, s_gammons at charter.net wrote:
>>
>> Looks like that fixed it.  It's building now.
>>
>> Should the tab be removed before @${ECHO_CMD} $$(${MYSQLTCL_CMDS})  ?
>>

> No, I think that line is broken too, in at least two different ways.
> The MYSQL option is busted.  It doesn't appear to me that it was ever
> tested; I can't see how it ever worked.
>
> You should create a PR on sguil-server and document all this there and
> request the maintainer fix it properly.  Personally I don't think any
> shell commands are needed at all, certainly not to specify a
> RUN_DEPENDS.  it's all messed up.

I'm the maintainer, and I can assure you I tested it thoroughly.  The port
has built without error on many machines before this came up.  I've
personally built and tested it numerous times.

Nevertheless, I will take a look at what you've discussed and attempt to
determine what the problem is.  It appears that something may have changed
in 9.2 that is causing the problem.  Unfortunately I don't have a 9.2
install, so I'll have to set one up before I can test it.

Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst