Svn wrapper? [pasted from a Q. on the forum] ... To resolve "conflicts remaining"

Jeffrey Bouquet jeffreybouquet at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 21:08:29 UTC 2013

On many machines here, the ports or src tree upon  svn up  shows a large number of conflicts, half of which want an
answer such as "postpone", the other "theirs-full". Re-downloading with svn seems to not resolve the conflicts. (Why they
appear in the first place, nothing changed on this machine in the meantime, is a complete mystery.) The often recommended delete-and-re-checkout procedure is okay, but takes much more time (preserving extra files etc) than I"d like to, if there was any svn command that mimics the old
cvs procedure of remove-directory and re-
cvs it. Anyone
knows of a succinct svn command for use in such situations, or if a wrapper could be crafted that puts forth the series of
commands that would take less time than a new src or ports checkout? The handbook refers to the SVN redbook, it might have the answer, but I am reluctant to spend the time reading it thoroughly if someone else has and knows the answer(s) already.

Thanks.
J. Bouquet
[The forum thread has a few posts in it with a few more details ]...