lyx 2.0.6

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 17 19:59:05 UTC 2013

"Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at berklix.com> writes:

> Hi, Reference:
>> From:		Ajtim <lumiwa at gmail.com>
>> Date:		Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:39:15 -0400
>
> Ajtim wrote:
>> My system: FreeBSD 10.0-BETA1
>> When I built print/lyx I got:
>> fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
>
> Mine on 10.0-BETA1:
> 	6 errors generated.
> As ports/print/lyx/Makefile has
> 	MAINTAINER=     rakuco at FreeBSD.org
> I added.
> 	cc: rakuco at FreeBSD.org

Yeah, LyX is at a very bad shape if used with libc++ instead of
libstdc++: its code is not C++11-compliant and uses tr1 stuff that is
not present in libc++.

To be honest, I'm still not sure how to solve it: using USE_GCC in the
Makefile did not work last time I tested, as the other ports it relied
on had been built with libc++ and there were linking problems due to two
different STL implementations being used at the same time.