10.0-hosted tinderbox: 8.4 builds broken?

Chris Rees crees at bayofrum.net
Sun Oct 13 12:40:45 UTC 2013

On 12 Oct 2013, at 12:49, Chris Rees wrote:

> [cross posted to tinderbox-list]
>
> On 2013-10-09 22:27, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 09:11:10PM +0100, Chris Rees wrote:
>>> Alexey, if you're interested, the patch hitting CVS is at:
>>> http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/tinderbox-calculate-deps-in-chroot-9.diff
>> Ah, it seems you mean it's one of the patches recently committed, not the
>> proposed fix. ;-)
>> I've 'cvs up -A' again, and applied the patch in reverse mode.  Strangely,
>> now every build log (inc. dependent packages) immediately ends with this
>> message:
>>  jexec: getpwnam: root: No such file or directory
>
> OK, try cvs head with
>
> http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/tinderbox-chroot-srcbase.diff
>
> It appears that I may have been overexcited with my fix for Olli's problem, but this fixes it in a less drastic way with fewer assumptions.
>
> This patch works for me, so if you confirm I'd like to ask Joe to approve please!
>
> Also, Bernhard, I'm certain that redports will run as well as it did with patch7 if you apply this patch.
>
> I'm really sorry for the breakage :(

It appears that really weird SRCBASE assumptions are made throughout the code.  I'll have to put a temporary hack in to just make SRCBASE appear inside the chroot whatever it's set to.  Setting and unsetting SRCBASE just breaks different things in weird ways, and this is the only reliable fix I've found.

Joe, please can I stick this in, and merge to the beta?

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/tinderbox-fake-srcbase.diff

Alexey, try this patch.  This one definitely works for me, and gets the dependencies working correctly.

Chris
believed to be clean.