stagedir vs. jail

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 13 11:50:37 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 12:58:53PM +0200, Ekkehard Gehm wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I resently have some problems installing/updating ports. The main problem is that the stagedir path is somehow messed up.
>
> The system is running FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p6 and I'm working in a jail. While building it creates the stagedir in /s/portbuild/usr/ports/...../usr/local/
> BUT: When it comes to the pkg building it suddently is looking in .../usr-local/.. witch acctualy is a part of the symlink. (In the jail /usr/local is a symlink to /s/usr-local). Resulting in an failure.

we would need more details about your setup and what you use for buildling
packages. the packages builder cluster are builind things in jail and it
perfectly works.

> The only workiaround  is disabling stage completly thru make.conf...
> As this is very quick'n'dirty I wonder if there is any other solution!

Nope that doesn't work as there is no way to globally disable staging,
if you add NO_STAGE in make.conf all you end up with is a messed package db, if
you are very very lucky it might sometime work.

Bapt