NEED_ROOT

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Fri Oct 4 21:45:37 UTC 2013

>From my reading it appears that one of the goals of STAGE is to allow users
to build and install ports under their UID.  Are the perms in /usr/ports
changing?

In testing the port that I'm working on, I find that I do not have rights
to write to /usr/ports/distfiles and I do not have rights to write to
${WORKDIR}.  That pretty much precludes building the port unless your root.
No surprise there since the files in /usr/ports are owned by root:wheel.

So are the perms going to change?  Is port building going to run setuid?
Or is this a vaporware?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst