multimedia/dirac compilation fails with gcc46

John Marino freebsd.contact at marino.st
Wed Oct 2 07:28:18 UTC 2013

On 10/2/2013 08:39, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> parseunit_byteio.cpp:127:23: error: variable 'next_parse_code' set but not used
> [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
> parseunit_byteio.cpp:131:13: error: variable 'next_unit_next_parse_offset' set
> but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]

This post is just an excerpt of a log.
I can conjecture that you want somebody to fix multimedia/dirac. So it
would be more appropriate to "Sumbit a FreeBSD problem report"
(http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html) right?

And ideally with a patch to fix it.  In any case, the port is maintained
by multimedia at freebsd.org so opening a PR is the best way to alert those
responsible about a problem.

John

P.S. The fix is likely trivial: Remove -Werror from the compiler flags.

P.P.S. I and others are slowly fixing ports that don't build on recent
gcc and clang/libc++ already.