[CFT] Tinderbox using chroots to calculate dependencies

Chris Rees crees at physics.org
Tue Oct 1 13:38:08 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've been working on fixing Tinderbox to calculate dependencies in
chroots instead of on the host system (meaning things like cvs
dependencies are correct).

It's a fairly drastic change, and a few guys have generously volunteered
their time to test it, but I need a few more testers before committing
it and getting it in the ports tree.

Normally I'd just be patient, but this is holding up the compiler
abstraction mechanism (USES=compiler), so please, if you use Tinderbox,
give this a try!

This patch is to a head checkout (doesn't work with the port, sorry);

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/tinderbox-calculate-deps-in-chroot-8.diff

Alternatively,

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/scratch/tinderbox-chroot.tbz

contains a head checkout and the patch.

Please test, it's easy!

cd /usr/local/tinderbox
mv scripts.old
fetch -o - http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/scratch/tinderbox-chroot.tbz |
tar xjvf -
mv tinderbox scripts
cp scripts.old/*.ph scripts/
cp scripts.old/webui/inc_*.php scripts/webui

Ion-Mihai, this will need to go in the port asap if it works for most
people, otherwise Tinderbox will not work with the ports tree once
compiler.mk is committed.  I am happy to deal with that for you if
necessary.

Chris

PS I'm especially keen to hear about issues involving USE_XZ; Olli Hauer
had some trouble, but I think it's a local issue; ideas welcome!

http://marcuscom.com/pipermail/tinderbox-list/2013-September/003101.html

believed to be clean.