pkgng upgrade options

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 15:42:22 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Beeblebrox <zaphod at berentweb.com> wrote:
> This "pkg upgrade" problem is getting ridiculous.
> There needs to be an -x (exclude) flag or traceback method for pkg upgrade.
> pkgng wants to install these, but I cannot locate the source / reason. As of
> now, my upgrade is locked-up because there is no way to by-pass the two
> conflicting-pair ports below.
>
> There are two repos FreeBSD & myrepo.  pkg upgrade =>
>
> THESE 2 CONFLICT
> Installing unixODBC: 2.3.2
> Installing libiodbc: 3.52.8

You need to find out which ports are trying to install these ports as
a dependency and see if they have an option to either remove the
dependency or choose the other ODBC port.

Does pkg tell you which package it was trying to install that failed
due to the conflicting ODBC the dependencies?

> WANTS TO INSTALL THESE, BUT NO CONFIG SETTING FOR THEM.
> Installing xf86-video-vesa: 2.3.3 [FreeBSD]
> Installing xf86-video-radeonhd: 1.3.0_5 [FreeBSD]
> Installing xf86-video-r128: 6.9.2 [FreeBSD]
> Installing xf86-video-openchrome: 0.3.3 [FreeBSD]
> Installing xf86-video-nv: 2.1.20_1 [FreeBSD]
> Installing xf86-video-mach64: 6.9.4 [FreeBSD]
> Installing xf86-video-intel: 2.7.1_5 [FreeBSD]
>
> x11-drivers/xorg-drivers config:
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=ATI
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=KEYBOARD
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=MOUSE
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SIS

There should be some OPTONS_FILE_UNSET variables that tells the
xorg-driver port not to depend on those other ports.

Is the xorg-drivers port in your local rep?  It's possible that pkg is
getting the xorg-drivers port from the FreeBSD repo (which has a
dependency on those ports) and not your local repo.

Try installing the package directly without going thru the local repo
(i.e download it to the system and install it locally).

I just read the pkg-repository(5) man page.  It says that when there
are several repositories, pkg will download the package in the order
specified.  To see the repository order use:

pkg -v -v

It's possible that the FreeBSD repo is before your local repo.

I would suggest reviewing the pkg-repository(5) man page.