FreeBSD Port: py27-pytz-2013.8,1

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Wed Nov 27 21:59:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 22:22:12 +0100
"Helmut Schneider" <jumper99 at gmx.de> wrote:

> From: Michael Gmelin
>
> > Does it work when NO_STAGE=yes?
> > (e.g. NO_STAGE=yes portupgrade packagename)
>
> Yes, builds fine. What does that mean? Do I need to change something
> or does the port?
> I'm asking because I raised ports/184293 and would like to update it
> accordingly.
>
> Thanks, Helmut

I had a similar issue on a 9.1 system using portmaster (NO_STAGE fixed
it) last week, while portupgrade on a freshly installed system had no
issues (no matter which packaging system pkgng/oldschool packages etc.).

I can only speculate about the exact reasons, maybe it's related to the
recent switch from py-distribute to py-setuptools in combination with
staging support or only to upgrading from a specific version. I
couldn't reproduce the problem, since I didn't keep the original
package. Maybe it's not worthwhile chasing this one.

In regards to your PR: I don't think this is related to py-boto
specifically, but more to recent ports infrastructure changes, so I
would suggest to close the PR and either open another one for the ports
infrastructure (if you have enough details), keep trying to get
attention on ports@ or simply forget about it ;)

--
Michael Gmelin