portmaster refuses to use pkgng with local packages

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Tue Nov 26 22:05:35 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-26 22:27, Axel Rau wrote:

> Am 26.11.2013 um 20:58 schrieb Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org>:
>
>> On 26/11/2013 18:07, Axel Rau wrote:
>>> I need a configuration, where pkg uses *ONLY* *my* repo.
>>
>> Delete the package site line from pkg.conf
>

> Unfortunately, this does not help:
> ---
> # pkg update
> Updating repository catalogue
> pkg: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest//digests.txz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> pkg: No digest falling back on legacy catalog format
> pkg: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest//repo.txz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
> ---
> pkg did not contact my web server.

After winning the fight with a couple of machines.

on the package build machine
- cd $package && rm repo.txz
- upgrade pkg on your Pd box to 1.2_1
- pkg repo (with the 1.2 version)

on the client:
- rm /var/db/repo* (and only this files!)

test a simple fetch from the client, in your case:
fetch http://db1.in.chaos1.de/92amd64-default/packagesite.txz
tail your webserver log if the file is found, else adjust the webserver config
or the packagesite.

For a quick jumpstart copy pkg-static (version 1.2) to the client and use this
binary so the pkg wrapper from the OS is not used.

I've wrote a small summary on githup maybe it helps others.
https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/issues/650

PS:
In case you see error messages like:
pkg: /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos//local.conf file is using a deprecated format. Please replace it with the following:
======...
and then your identical repo.conf ignore it for now only trust your web logs (I think the pkg team will fix this soon)

--
Regards,
olli