portmaster refuses to use pkgng with local packages

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at chaos1.de
Tue Nov 26 18:07:09 UTC 2013

Am 24.11.2013 um 12:43 schrieb Axel Rau <Axel.Rau at chaos1.de>:

> Am 27.10.2013 um 21:11 schrieb Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org>:
>
>> On 27/10/2013 18:53, Axel Rau wrote:
>>> I looked at poudriere earlier, but did not recognize that it plays with pkg nicely and also did not like to set up a web server to just serve local jails.
>>> I will give it a try.
>>
>> You don't need to set up a webserver, necessarily.  If you're using
>> poudriere to build packages on the same machine where you want to
>> install them, then you can just use a file:// URL in your pkg.conf and
>> pkg will dtrt.  If you want to maintain a bunch of machines on a
>> network, then using a webserver to distribute the packages is probably
>> easiest overall, but you could NFS mount the repo and use a file:// URL
>> again, or you could use ssh:// to pull the packages down.
> While trying ports-mgmt/poudriere in my ezjail/portmaster environment, I learned:
> poudriere can't run at secure level 1, because it loads linux.ko and uses chflags.

Because of the chflags issue, I moved my repo to another server, installed a web server, configured firewalls and now trying to let pkg use my own repo, which does not work.
With the help of Olli, I checked the index provided by my web server and I added a config file in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/ .

I need a configuration, where pkg uses *ONLY* *my* repo.

This is the current situation:

# pkg info pkg
pkg-1.1.4_8

# pkg update
Updating repository catalogue
pkg: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest//digests.txz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg: No digest falling back on legacy catalog format
pkg: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest//repo.txz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)

# pkg -vv update
                 Version: 1.1.4
             PACKAGESITE: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest/
               PKG_DBDIR: /var/db/pkg
            PKG_CACHEDIR: /tmp
                PORTSDIR: /usr/ports
                  PUBKEY:
       HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS: no
       ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES: no
               REPOS_DIR: /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/
      PLIST_KEYWORDS_DIR:
                  SYSLOG: yes
                AUTODEPS: no
                     ABI: freebsd:9:x86:64
          DEVELOPER_MODE: no
          PORTAUDIT_SITE: http://portaudit.FreeBSD.org/auditfile.tbz
            VULNXML_SITE: http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/vuln.xml.bz2
             MIRROR_TYPE: SRV
             FETCH_RETRY: 3
         PKG_PLUGINS_DIR: /usr/local/lib/pkg/
      PKG_ENABLE_PLUGINS: yes
                 PLUGINS:
           DEBUG_SCRIPTS: no
        PLUGINS_CONF_DIR: /usr/local/etc/pkg/
              PERMISSIVE: no
         REPO_AUTOUPDATE: yes
              NAMESERVER:
              EVENT_PIPE:
           FETCH_TIMEOUT: 30
         UNSET_TIMESTAMP: no
        SSH_RESTRICT_DIR:
                 PKG_ENV:
           DISABLE_MTREE: no

Repositories:
  packagesite:
             url: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest/
             key:
         enabled: yes
     mirror_type: SRV
  lrau-repo:
             url: http://db1.in.chaos1.de/92amd64-default
             key:
         enabled: yes
     mirror_type: HTTP

---
# cat /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf
packagesite: http://db1.in.chaos1.de/92amd64-default
PKG_CACHEDIR: /tmp

# cat /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/lrau-repo.conf
lrau-repo: {
url: "http://db1.in.chaos1.de/92amd64-default" ,
mirror_type: "HTTP",
enabled: yes,