portmaster refuses to use pkgng with local packages

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Sun Nov 24 11:43:24 UTC 2013

Am 27.10.2013 um 21:11 schrieb Matthew Seaman <matthew at FreeBSD.org>:

> On 27/10/2013 18:53, Axel Rau wrote:
>> I looked at poudriere earlier, but did not recognize that it plays with pkg nicely and also did not like to set up a web server to just serve local jails.
>> I will give it a try.
>
> You don't need to set up a webserver, necessarily.  If you're using
> poudriere to build packages on the same machine where you want to
> install them, then you can just use a file:// URL in your pkg.conf and
> pkg will dtrt.  If you want to maintain a bunch of machines on a
> network, then using a webserver to distribute the packages is probably
> easiest overall, but you could NFS mount the repo and use a file:// URL
> again, or you could use ssh:// to pull the packages down.
While trying ports-mgmt/poudriere in my ezjail/portmaster environment, I learned:
poudriere can't run at secure level 1, because it loads linux.ko and uses chflags.

Regarding moving to pkgng, what are the replacements to portaudit / jailaudit?

Thanks, Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀ +49 151 2300 9283  ☀ computing @ chaos claudius