[patch] attempt to update net/citrix_ica to 13.0.0, missing symbols

Emanuel Haupt ehaupt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 22 10:15:41 UTC 2013

Here is my attempt to update net/citrix_ica to 13.0.0. Unfortunately I
ended up with missing symbols:

http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/patches/citrix_ica.patch

After the installation I used www/nspluginwrapper:

$ cd ~/.mozilla/plugins/
$ nspluginwrapper -v -i /usr/local/ICAClient/npica.so
Install plugin /usr/local/ICAClient/npica.so
  into /home/ehaupt/.mozilla/plugins/npwrapper.npica.so
$ firefox "about:plugins"

I can see the plugin:

http://i.imgur.com/K9gT1t6.png

When I'm trying to initiate a citrix session I get:

/usr/local/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/ICAClient/npica.so: undefined symbol: mkstemps
*** NSPlugin Wrapper *** ERROR: NPP_NewStream() wait for reply: Connection closed

Trying to initiate the session from the console:

$ /usr/local/ICAClient/wfica /tmp/launch.ica
/usr/local/ICAClient/wfica: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/ICAClient/lib/UIDialogLib.so: undefined symbol: gtk_widget_set_can_default

Seems like it's missing linux gnome-utils. Well, this is where I left off.
If time permits I might pursue this further but meanwhile if anyone else
likes to give it a shoot feel free.

Emanuel