Package libiconv not found

Csaba Raduly rcsaba at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 10:56:23 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I'm affected by "pkg registration conflict between libiconv-1.14_1 and
gettext-0.18.1.1"
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-March/082231.html)
and I was trying to follow the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING.
However, running "pkg query %ro libiconv" returns nothing (which may
or may not be a problem), but then

# pkg delete -f libiconv
Package(s) not found!

How is this possible? Where did I mess up?

My system is a FreeBSD 9.1 vmware image from thoughtpolice.co.uk
# uname -a
FreeBSD freeby91.localdomain 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0
r243825: Tue Dec  4 09:23:10 UTC 2012
root at farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I ran
# portsnap fetch
# portsnap update

installed portmaster and pkg, then ran pkg2ng, then tried

# portmaster -a

Csaba
P.S. Please CC me because I'm not subscribed to the list.