Staging break user account modification in post-install

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Sun Nov 10 19:59:29 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-10 20:40, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> post-install is now called *BEFORE* users are created (before staging was
> added it was after)... looking at bsd.port.mk there seems no reasonable
> target that replaces post-install for this purpose.   Namely I need to lock
> the user account that was created and assign a default password to it.
> This is what I had that used to work:
>
> post-install:
>           echo password|pw usermod user -h 0 2>/dev/null
>           pw lock user

Is the account always locked?
If yes what is the difference to create a user without any password and
assigning '/usr/sbin/nologin' as shell?

What happens to the account without staging if installed from a package?
Without pkg-install script the account keeps unmodified or even is not created ...

In case you use a pkg-install script, then it will be executed only during installation
and stage is one step before.

--
olli