FreeBSD Port: node-0.8.14 on NAS4Free

Michael Herrmann michael_herrmann at gmx.de
Sun Nov 10 15:21:57 UTC 2013

Hello,

I use NAS4Free as my personal server and I would like to run node.js on it. I tried pkg_add -r node and got node version 0.8.14.

But instead of the prompt I get: FATAL ERROR: v8::Context::New() V8 is no longer usable

I tried the same on a FreeBSD (virtual) machine and it runs fine. Googling gave some hint regarding memory usage, but after transfering
ulimit from FreeBSD to NAS4Free it gave:

$ ulimit -v
unlimited

Now I have no more idea what I can do. Do you perhaps have any idea?

regards
 Michael