ports default version system

Florian Smeets flo at smeets.im
Sat Nov 9 09:21:43 UTC 2013

On 09/11/13 05:42, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Allan Jude <freebsd at allanjude.com> wrote:
>> Attached is a proposed patch for Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk

I had a quick look at the PHP and MySQL parts and they look sane to me,
but don't take this as an Approved by, as I'm sure ale want's to have a
look at it, too. :)

> DEFAULT_VERSIONS is a really poorly thought out API which is hard to
> read, hard to parse, and makes make -V far less useful.  It pushes
> parsing logic into every single consumer.

Why do we have to discuss this in a thread that just extends the usage
of the feature, and not the original commit/discussion? Please don't
hijack this thread.

Florian