how to set SGID?

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Tue Nov 5 16:21:11 UTC 2013

Larry Rosenman <ler at lerctr.org> wrote:

> I got a PR about sysutils/lsof not getting installed sgid kmem.

I'm surprised.  It doesn't even build right now.

> I'm not sure with all the new staging stuff (sunpoet did it for me) how
> to fix it.
>
> What's the incantation I need?

The best way is to set special owner/group/permissions in pkg-plist,
like this:

@group kmem
@mode 2755
sbin/lsof
@mode
@group

Of course you have chosen not to have a pkg-plist.  At the moment,
the port requires NEED_ROOT=yes, so that (1) do-install succeeds
and (2) the sgid information is picked up and put into the package
archive.

I've already committed the NEED_ROOT=yes addition.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de