Some ports not listed via www.freebsd.org/ports (eg openssh-portable)

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Mon Nov 4 19:27:14 UTC 2013

On 4/11/2013 11:54 PM, Bryan Drewery wrote:

>> On Nov 3, 2013, at 22:48, Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Bryan et al,
>>
>> While reviewing the available ports at
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=openssh&stype=all&sektion=all
>> I noted that openssl-portable-base was listed but openssl-portable was
> There is no openssl-portable, just openssh-portable.
>
> And yes, that cgi page is a year outdated.
>
>> not.  I suspect that the website is missing some content?
>>
>> I note that details could be obtained at
>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/security/openssh-portable/Makefile?sortby=date&view=log
>>
>> Similarly for ldns.
>>
>> Thank-you for updating/maintaining this (challenging) port.
>>
>> Regards, Dewayne.
No excuse for sloppy cut/pasting, particularly when there is a mistake,
I meant openssh-portable in the above.
There isn't but should be an openssh-portable via
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=openssh-portable&stype=all&sektion=all
However there is only openssh-portable-base. Though if you're seeing it
then it probably means that the local lookups are wrong, from:

dig www.freebsd.org
;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.freebsd.org.        441     IN      CNAME   wfe0.ysv.freebsd.org.
wfe0.ysv.freebsd.org.   2877    IN      A       8.8.178.110

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
org.                    499     IN      NS      d0.org.afilias-nst.org.
org.                    499     IN      NS      a0.org.afilias-nst.info.
org.                    499     IN      NS      c0.org.afilias-nst.info.
org.                    499     IN      NS      a2.org.afilias-nst.info.
org.                    499     IN      NS      b2.org.afilias-nst.org.
org.                    499     IN      NS      b0.org.afilias-nst.org.