Staging and directory modes/ownerships

Melvyn Sopacua melvyn at magemana.nl
Sun Nov 3 21:42:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, 3 Nov 2013, Tijl Coosemans wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 14:47:00 +0100 (CET) Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
>> I'm trying to upgrade www/magento and in the process make it use the
>> stage. Aside from having to package a fixed plist again to set modes and
>> ownerships, I can no longer find a way to set these properties on
>> directory trees.
>
> After converting the Makefile for staging you can create an initial
> pkg-plist using "make makeplist".  Later you can also check for missing
> items using "make check-orphans".

Yes, I've read the Wiki page. I still opted to create my own "genplist"
target and wrap it in MAINTAINER_MODE to start handling some of the %%
variables.

>> For now I'll go with adding @exec commands to ${TMPPLIST}, I suppose.
>
> Would this work:
>
> @owner www
> @group www
> www/magento/media/foo/bar
If bar is a directory, I expect to see errors from the package tools
here, but I haven't tried it. If bar is a file, then it doesn't change
owner of media/foo (tested). Further more, it would be rather hard to do
so, since in this case, www/magento should be left untouched.

> @mode 0777
> @dirrm www/magento/media/foo

This directive is processed on deinstallation. I don't think it will
work but I have not tested it.

Thanks for answering.
--
Melvyn Sopacua