fetching from Github

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sun Nov 3 11:33:54 UTC 2013

Am 03.11.2013 10:57, schrieb Alex Laurie:
> Hi all,
>
> Writing my first port form scratch and going through the slow porting
> method in the handbook. However I'm having problems fetching the source
> from Github. Any pointers?

Hi Alex,

one method I use to fetch 'quasi-release' version from github is like this:

USE_GITHUB=
GH_ACCOUNT=     githubname
GH_COMMIT=      [first seven digits of commit number]
GH_TAGNAME=     ${GH_COMMIT}

You will find more ports using this technique with

find . -name Makefile -depth 3 -exec grep -l -e "GITHUB" {} \;

Please, look into there Makefile to get some ideas.

Hope this helps,
Rainer