JVM panic when build openjdk7 on private FreeBSD 8.2

Xu Zhe xzpeter at gmail.com
Thu May 30 00:53:12 UTC 2013

于 5/30/13 1:42 AM, Chris Rees 写道:
> On 29 May 2013 09:28, Peter Xu <xzpeter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I got strange issue when trying to build opendjk7 using ports utility on a
>> private-built FreeBSD 8.2 system. Here is the output of make:
>>
> <snip>
>
> I'm going to suggest that you upgrade to FreeBSD 8.3-- it's not a big
> jump, so it shouldn't break anything.
>
> Unfortunately ports can't be tested on unsupported versions, and 8.3
> has been out over a year now.
>
> However, I've added java@ in case they have any suggestions.
>
> Chris
Hi, Chris,

Thanks for the mail.

The problem is, the target FreeBSD 8.2 system has been heavily hacked
(on both kernel and libc, as far as I know), and they have been doing
system test for months. If we (or say they) do the swtich, the porting
of the kernel part will be huge, and test results in the past months
will be wasted. So I suppose that is not the working solution for my
case. :(

BTW, I would appreciate if anyone can tell me why build java need java
support?

Thanks.
Peter