The vim port needs a refresh

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Tue May 28 12:09:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 16:23:18 -0500, Kenta Suzumoto <kentas at hush.com> wrote:

> - It fetches almost 700 patches from what seems like a dial-up
> connection in AUSTRALIA.

Australia's deploying fiber, so joke's on you!

But honestly this is horrible. I'm sitting at my desk at a well-peered ISP
with plenty of bandwidth and low, low latency and these patches are taking
forever. Someone should just add a pre-fetch routine that downloads the
first 1000 patches in a tarball, puts them in distfiles, and they well all
be verified and the remaining few be fetched normally.

Someone should teach upstream a serious lesson about versioning. Maybe
someone just needs to fork vim and tag releases on github so we can
actually have a sane upstream.

Good grief!