portupgrade broken after ruby upgrade

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue May 28 09:45:34 UTC 2013

On Tue, 28 May 2013 11:12:18 +0200 (CEST)
Marco Beishuizen articulated:

> Seems that portupgrade is broken after the upgrade from ruby18 to
> ruby19: ...
> root at yokozuna:/usr/ports# portupgrade -a
> invalid byte sequence in UTF-8
> Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb -aFOQ
>
> I've rebuilt the pkgdb and reinstalled portupgrade but that didn't
> help.

I set Ruby19 as the default on my system over a year ago, and never had
a problem. Portupgrade is linked against and runs perfectly with it.

Did you update the ports as specified in the UPDATING file?

what is the output of: "pkg_info -R ruby-1.9\* and "pkg_info -R
ruby-1.8\*" if you still have it installed?

--
Jerry ♔