error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 24 17:17:07 UTC 2013

I work on a port tha comes with a configure.ac file which contains a m4
macro AC_MSG_WARN.

I have set this in the port's toplevel Makefile to ensure the correct
build of the software:

USES=                   pkgconfig
USE_AUTOTOOLS=          aclocal libtoolize libltdl autoheader autoconf
automake

There is a well known issue with this error message regarding pkg-config
and libtool (look at https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/issues/15).

Since my configured toplevel makefile indicates the usage of both,
libtool and pkg-config, the still persistent error suggests that this
couldn't be all.

The port's sources has compiled well previous to the introduction of
those AC_MSG_WARN([...]) macros and they are the only add-ons to the
configure.ac.

How can this be fixed?

Oliver