Proposal: do not show up the dialog(1) by default?

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Thu May 23 15:44:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 08:38:02AM -0700, Freddie Cash wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Please read the docs before stating things that are incorrect.
>

> I've read the docs, I've installed ports, I've mangled my make.conf to make
> it work in The New World Order.
>
> > We can still set things globally, and it's not a hack.
> >
> Compared to the simplicity of how things were before, it's a hack.

Sure simplicity about unpredictable WITH or WITHOUT where you didn't know which
one was tested by the ports.

When the options set globally in make.conf were not inherited in the dialog
options

When it was impossible to set option per ports in make.conf without third party
portsconf or without a ugly hack base of .CURDUR:M*/...

sure current version is a hack and previous one was reliable and clean.