Proposal: do not show up the dialog(1) by default?

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Thu May 23 14:22:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:
> hi,
>
> A lot of people seems to be complaining about the configuration dialog popping
> up all the time.
>
> What if we change the default behaviour to not pop up the dialog each time there
> is a changed option but only when the user explicitly type make config?
>
> Just a proposal, please give your opinion.
>
> Of course make config-recursive behaviour won't change.
>
> regards,
> Bapt

I would rather the current behavior remained or even better would be
if there was a native way to queue up all the config screen like
portupgrade does(at least it did when I last used it, it's been
awhile).  It's not nearly as painful to answer them in bulk even if
queue generation takes awhile.

--
Adam Vande More