Proposal: do not show up the dialog(1) by default?

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 23 05:55:28 UTC 2013

Baptiste Daroussin ha scritto:
> A lot of people seems to be complaining about the configuration dialog popping
> up all the time.

Probably because now every ports that list DOCS/EXAMPLES/NLS pop up the
dialog?

> What if we change the default behaviour to not pop up the dialog each time there
> is a changed option but only when the user explicitly type make config?
>
> Just a proposal, please give your opinion.

I find such behavior very useful, I find annoying the above behavior. If
the dialog will not pop-up if the only options are the global ones it'd
be much better, IMO.

--
Alex Dupre