php5-ice Needs Update

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Wed May 22 22:05:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, 22 May 2013 12:42:34 -0700 (PDT)
Jaret Bartsch <jaretbartsch at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Hi there. php5-ice does not work with php 5.4. Could someone update
> this to work with 5.4? Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Jaret

You wrote the same email about five weeks ago, I offered you to help and
asked if you could test, but didn't even get a response from you.

Good news is that I'm done mostly done testing and fixing Ice 3.5.0, so
I will be able to submit updates to devel/ice (and devel/py-ice) in the
next couple days, which is the basis for upgrading devl/php5-ice.

Right now devel/php5-ice itself has no active maintainer. Like I
offered before: I could jump in, but I would need your _active_ support
for testing the changes.

What setup are you planning to use by the way? (nginx/php-fpm? Apache
mod_php?). Last time I checked Apache/mod_php + IceSSL was problematic.

Michael

Michael Gmelin