Firefox 21.0 Crash

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Wed May 22 08:04:31 UTC 2013

In message <519C616C.50009 at freebsd.org>, Lawrence Stewart writes:
> On 05/21/13 07:02, Cy Schubert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm experiencing firefox crashes since updating to 21.0.
>
> Me too. For me, it'll run ok for a while and then when I bring up a new
> tab or actively do something with the UI it will crash unexpectedly.
> Happening approximately every few minutes of active use. Leaving it open
> but not doing anything with it will not trigger a crash.

I can leave the computer for five minutes discovering it had crashed when I
return.

> When I ran firefox from the console the only thing printed was:
>
> lstewart at lstewart> firefox
> ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by
> environment.

I don't see this.

> It's unclear if that message is related to the crash or not.
>
> Some details about my system:
>
> lstewart at lstewart> uname -a
> FreeBSD lstewart 9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #10 r250824M: Mon May 20
> 22:00:29 EST 2013
> root at lstewart:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LSTEWART-DESKTOP  amd64

Similarly my laptop. I've yet to try it on -CURRENT (also on the same
laptop) though.

What extensions do you have installed? (If you want you can send the list
to me privately.) I uninstalled ghostery which made it more stable though
when I took the dog for a quick walk I discovered the browser was gone upon
my return. For the moment it appears stable (knock on wood).

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>