[HEADSUP] flex/lex updated to 2.5.37 (from flex.sourceforge.net)

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 21 20:16:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 04:03:44PM -0400, Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> Please note flex/lex was updated to 2.5.37 from flex.sourceforge.net and
> __FreeBSD_version was bumped to 1000033.
>
> FYI, I added couple of compatibility shims (just enough to build the
> previous source trees) but it is not 100% compatible with the old
> version.  OTOH, this version is far more popular and third-party
> sources often require this version.  Most importantly, NetBSD,
> DragonFly BSD, and Mac OS X already adopted it for the same reason.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Jung-uk Kim

Thank you for you work on this.

One of the important addition this brings to us, is that along with byacc you
can now write reentrant parsers in base system.

regards,
Bapt