Why does Samba requires 777 permissions on /tmp

sindrome sindrome at gmail.com
Sun May 19 18:34:49 UTC 2013

Chris,

I'm not sure I understand your question.  Portupgrade barks about the /tmp
directory being world writable. I pasted the exact errors earlier in this
thread.  I looked in my path and can't find /tmp in there and can't figure
how to get rid of ruby complaining unless I remove the writable
permissions. When I do that my windows desktop can't authenticate to my
samba server.  There has to be a root of this problem to make them both
work.  Is there some other place portupgrade is having /tmp amended on
without it being in my $PATH?