[texlive, FreeBSD 10.x-amd64] build error: _ThreadRuneLocale: TLS definition in /usr/lib/libc.so section .tbss mismatches non-TLS reference in gsftopk.o

Steve Wills swills at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 19 05:31:49 UTC 2013

On 05/16/13 15:29, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru> wrote
>   in <51939AED.3060101 at passap.ru>:
>
> bs> Hi,
> bs>
> bs> I've got an error while building texlive-base at fresh CURRENT:
> bs> -----
> bs> % uname -a
> bs> FreeBSD BB049.int.wart.ru 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #21 r250633:
> bs> Tue May 14 13:53:42 SAMT 2013
> bs> bsam at BB049.int.wart.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BB64X  amd64
> bs> -----
> bs>
> bs> I have "TEX_DEFAULT=texlive" at the /etc/make.conf.
> bs>
> bs> Here is a tail of te log (full log 719 KB
> bs> ftp://ftp.wart.ru/pub/FreeBSD/errorlogs/texlive.make.log.txt ):
>
>  Thank you for the report.  I am trying to reproduce this now.

I had a similar issue with devel/kBuild recently. It may be due to
-Dlint getting passed to the build. See this rev:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/sys/cdefs.h?annotate=250623&pathrev=250623#l296

which defines _Thread_local as empty when lint is defined. This then
affects runetype.h:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/include/runetype.h?annotate=232498&pathrev=250623#l92

I'm not sure if this is a bug in cdefs.h, runetype.h or things building
with -Dlint or none of the above. Comments would be appreciated.

Steve