QGIS With Grass Plugin doesn't build (kpty.cpp)

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sat May 18 08:35:29 UTC 2013

On 17.05.2013 21:43 (UTC+2), lbartoletti wrote:
> Le Fri, 17 May 2013 07:36:53 -0700 (PDT),
> GeoBSD <pierre at geobsd.com> a écrit :
>
>> - Compilation goes further when adding :
>>   #define HAVE_UTEMPTER,
>>
>> - But root problem is still the same. It comes from functions
>> KPty::login() and KPty:logout().
>>
>>    CMakeFiles/grassplugin.dir/qtermwidget/kpty.cpp.o: In function
>> `KPty::login(char const*, char const*)':
>>    kpty.cpp:(.text+0x21e): undefined reference to `addToUtmp'
>>
>>    CMakeFiles/grassplugin.dir/qtermwidget/kpty.cpp.o: In function
>> `KPty::logout()':
>>    kpty.cpp:(.text+0x3d7): undefined reference to `removeLineFromUtmp'
>>
>> - I'm not sure if it is correct to use HAVE_UTEMPTER instead of
>> HAVE_UTMPX (which is the standard)
>>
>> - It's a vicious circle. It will better if we can modify the file
>> "kpty.cpp" to be directly compatible with FreeBSD and submit it to
>> QGIS developpers.
>>
>> Any help will be (very) appreciated.
>>

>> --
>
> Hello,
>
> I work on this port, and it needs also to have -lulog in the linking.
>
> Can you test the patch ? Works for me.

[After some manual adaptation your patch applied in the right places.
Don't know, if this was a problem on my side.]

And yes, I can confirm, that now graphics/qgis builds and installs fine
with option GRASS enabled.

Some small first tests to read in GRASS datasets and locations seems to
work again :)

Many thanks for your work and have a nice weekend,
Rainer Hurling