repo copy (svn cp) gives pre-commit "Do not replace a file. This will break the CVS exporter."

Chris Rees crees at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 11 14:54:36 UTC 2013

On 11 May 2013 15:29, Palle Girgensohn <girgen at pingpong.net> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I did
>
> cd /usr/ports/databases
> svn cp postgresql90-server postgresql93-server
>
> and some then another set I'd similar copies. After that I modified the Makefiles and some other stuff. At commit it complained as per subject.

Yes, it looks as though you've replaced a file with svn cp somehow.
Unfortunately this kind of thing is incredibly fiddly... and some bugs
can present in the svn pre-commit checks that break it.

Your best bet is to do an old-fashioned svn cp postgresql90-server
postgresql93-server, svn commit, then do the fiddling around with it
all, as we used to in the cvs days.  (Don't add it to
databases/Makefile until it's ready of course!)

If you run svn diff, you may even see which file you've "replaced".

Chris