new port sysutils/itdb help needed regarding pkg-plist

claudiu vasadi claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com
Fri May 10 13:15:15 UTC 2013

Hi people,

I finished writing a new port for itdb
(http://www.sivann.gr/software/itdb/) a web based asset inventory
management tool. However, I'm confronted with a problem I cannot
understand and fix and need your help.

When running the 8 steps for checking the port, step 5 ("make
deinstall" after "pkg_add") spits out the following error:

pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/www/itdb/data/files' doesn't exist
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/www/itdb/data/files'
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package `itdb-1.8'
(perhaps the packing list is incorrectly specified?)

This happens because the directory in question does not get created by
the package (and of course there is nothing to be removed in this
case) but does get created/remove by the port (upon make install/make
deinstall).

I don't really understand this behavior (what did I miss and where?).

Below, the Makefile:

# $FreeBSD$

PORTNAME= itdb
DISTVERSION= 1.8
CATEGORIES= www
MASTER_SITES= http://www.sivann.gr/software/itdb/

MAINTAINER= claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com
COMMENT= A web based asset inventory management tool

RUN_DEPENDS= ${LOCALBASE}/lib/php/${PHP_EXT_DIR}/pdo_sqlite.so:${PORTSDIR}/databases/php5-pdo_sqlite

USE_GZ= yes
USE_APACHE_RUN= 22+
USE_PHP= yes
USE_SQLITE= yes
NO_BUILD= yes

do-install:
${MKDIR} ${WWWDIR}
${CP} -r ${WRKDIR}/${PORTNAME}/* ${WWWDIR}/

.include <bsd.port.mk>

Any tip is appreciated.

--
Best regards,