USE_TEX question

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Thu May 9 17:36:10 UTC 2013

So I have a port, math/sage, which now contains in Makefile the line
USE_TEX=	tetex

I have intalled the texlive ports.  So now if I try to install
math/sage, it gives me error messages about CONFLICTS, which I think
arise from the fact that math/sage thinks that it has to first install
tetex, and this conflict with various texlive ports.

But, math/sage is TEX agnostic.  It doesn't care whether it is tetex or
texlive that is installed.  All it really wants to know is if there is a
useable latex in PATH.

It would be nice if there was a USE_TEX=yes option, or something like
that, which I could put into the math/sage port.

Stephen