Problem with japanese/tex-ptex going very slowly

Hiroto Kagotani hiroto.kagotani at gmail.com
Thu May 9 15:32:27 UTC 2013

2013/5/7 Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org>

> Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote
>   in <5187C454.2050504 at missouri.edu>:
>
> st> Many thanks for creating the texlive port!
> st>
> st> I am trying to install the recent japanese/tex-ptex port.  It seems to
> st> spend several hours doing:
> st>
> st> fmtutil: running `ptex -ini   -jobname=ptex -progname=ptex ptex.ini
> st> #ptex' ...

I have exactly the same problem, ptex won't finish.
I am using a newly installed FreeBSD 9.1 virtual machine.

>  No, it is odd.
>
>  Can you send me the result of the following two commands?
>
>  % grep -A2 lastarg /usr/local/bin/fmtutil
>  % find /usr/local/share/texmf* $HOME/.tex*

The first one is:
----
  eval lastarg=\$$#
  case $lastarg in
  \#*)  eval lastarg=\$$(($# - 1)) ;;
  esac
  inifile=`echo $lastarg | sed 's%^\*%%'`

  # See if we can find $inifile for return code:
----

And the result of % tail -3 /usr/local/share/texmf-config/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
---
ptex ptex - ptex.ini    #ptex
ptex eptex language.def *eptex.ini    #ptex
platex eptex language.dat *platex.ini    #ptex
---

I'm not sure why there are 2 "ptex" lines.

The result of % find /usr/local/share/texmf* $HOME/.tex* is very huge.
Do you really need it?

Regards,
--
Hiroto Kagotani