Problem with japanese/tex-ptex going very slowly

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 6 16:40:53 UTC 2013

Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote
  in <5187C454.2050504 at missouri.edu>:

st> Many thanks for creating the texlive port!
st>
st> I am trying to install the recent japanese/tex-ptex port.  It seems to
st> spend several hours doing:
st>
st> fmtutil: running `ptex -ini   -jobname=ptex -progname=ptex ptex.ini
st> #ptex' ...
st>
st> Is this normal?

 No, it is odd.

 Can you send me the result of the following two commands?

 % grep -A2 lastarg /usr/local/bin/fmtutil
 % find /usr/local/share/texmf* $HOME/.tex*

Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote
  in <5187C52E.8060400 at missouri.edu>:

st> I installed the texlive-full port (without tex-ptex).  I tried to change
st> the page size with the following command (as root):
st>
st> tlmgr paper letter
st> cannot setup TLPDB in /usr at /usr/local/bin/tlmgr line 4965.

 Sorry, tlmgr still does not work and disabled intentionally at this
 moment because it can confuse installed files by FreeBSD's ports
 framework.  It will be fixed in the next update.

-- Hiroki