[Call for Test] [NEW PORT] emulators/playonlinux

nemysis nemysis at gmx.ch
Thu May 2 22:11:14 UTC 2013

Hello

Please test and review

PlayOnLinux

PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install and use
numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft Windows.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a
factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free,
accessible and efficient solution to this problem.

PlayOnLinux is based on Wine, and so profits from all its features yet it keeps
the user from having to deal with its complexity.
PlayOnLinux uses Bash and Python.

http://www.playonlinux.com/

Shar is here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nemysisfreebsdp/files/Call_for_Test/playonlinux.shar

Build log

https://redports.org/buildarchive/20130502104701-63095/

GUI works well.

But only a few apps can be installed and used.

Apps work better when Manually downloaded and used with plain Wine.

This PlayOnLinux isn't usable in FreeBSD, but perhaps someone can find
mistakes. I have used many patches so that the GUI and some others work.

Does not help in our other GNU/Linux Wine install

~/.PlayOnLinux/wine/linux-x86/1.4.1/bin

brandelf -t linux *

This is only for Informations

http://wiki.winehq.org/PlayOnLinux