[BRAINSTORM] shebang fixing framework

Łukasz Wąsikowski lukasz at wasikowski.net
Thu May 2 14:22:48 UTC 2013

W dniu 2013-05-01 21:18, Oliver Heesakkers pisze:

> Op di 30 apr 2013 12:38:21 schreef Baptiste Daroussin:

>> For a while now: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/51152 we
>> are looking for a framework/helpers to help patching scripts shebang so
>> that they fit where the interpreters is on FreeBSD.
>>
> (...)
>
> In there you wrote a patch using /usr/bin/env. Why not stick with that? I'm
> quite fond of this technique as it's clean and portable.
>
> Portability might not be that important when working on a fix for ports alone,
> but still makes sense to me.

/usr/bin/env is not good in all the situation. Look at
www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=177481 - /usr/bin/env is not working
when using 'service' to start daemons. We should change PATH used by
'service' to include /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin or stop using
/usr/bin/env to start rc.d scripts.

--
best regards,
Lukasz Wasikowski