Where has all the groupware gone.....

Marco Steinbach coco at executive-computing.de
Sun Mar 31 14:10:19 UTC 2013

Joe Malcolm wrote on 31.03.2013 15:42:
> On Mar 18, 2013, at 4:30 AM, Marco Steinbach wrote:
>
>> Paul Pathiakis wrote on 17.03.2013 20:46:
>>> Hi, I have tried building many pieces of groupware so that I can
>>> replace MS at various client sites. However: zimbra?  No port.
>>> (Hardcoded /opt/zimbra) kolab?  No port.    (Hardcoded /kolab  -
>>> This could work if they got rid of the idiocy of "OpenPKG") (A
>>> kolab port could easily be done if all the dependencies their
>>> rpms were made into a port for it. - It should work fairly easily
>>> with ZFS) Citadel?  No port.  Got it working and seems pretty
>>> decent. SimpleGroupware - Not DB independent, MySQL only Tine?
>>> Not DB independent, MySQL only  (Who does that in this day and
>>> age?) Horde?  Port is cumbersome and very few tips anywhere to
>>> get it up and running quickly on FreeBSD  (Is there a doc I can't
>>> find?) Horde Web?  Same as Horde Egroupware?  Sweet... Works nice
>>> and seems very useful.  Many compliments from people on how well
>>> it works.  Phpgroupware?  Not really groupware in the form of the
>>> others above. I'm just evaluating.  I have no affiliation with
>>> any.  However, the lack thereof when we could be inserting
>>> groupware FreeBSD servers in clients... :-) Thank you for
>>> checking into this and creating real ports and/or documentation.
>>> P.
>> FYI: A port for SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) has been submitted.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/175947
>>

> Thanks for pointing this out! I had missed this. However, I just
> tried it on a not-that-recently 10-current:
>
> fub% uname -a FreeBSD fub 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0: Sat
> Feb 16 19:38:01 UTC 2013
> root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>
> and it errors out with:
>
> Compiling file SOGo+DAV.m ... SOGo+DAV.m:134:2: warning: #warning all
> REPORT method should be standardized... SOGo+DAV.m:340:2: warning:
> #warning this is a bit ugly, as usual SOGo+DAV.m:480:5: warning:
> #warning evil eVIL EVIl! Linking tool sogod ... /usr/bin/ld:
> /usr/lib/crt1.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `_DYNAMIC' can not be
> used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/lib/crt1.o: could not read symbols: Bad value collect2: ld
> returned 1 exit status gmake[4]: *** [obj/sogod] Error 1 gmake[3]:
> *** [internal-tool-all_] Error 2 gmake[2]: ***
> [sogod.all.tool.variables] Error 2 gmake[1]: *** [internal-all] Error
> 2 gmake: *** [internal-all] Error 2 *** [do-build] Error code 2
>

> Which, FWIW, is what I got when I tried doing it myself. Some google
> produced a hazy idea of what it means but not how to fix it.
>
> Joe

I ran into the same error, and Jim (creator of the ports, cc'ed) had to
fix a rather small oversight.  Things seem to work now.

Check both out from here:

https://svn.redports.org/jhriggs/devel/sope/
https://svn.redports.org/jhriggs/www/sogo/

Upon installation, the user and group for SOGo will be created
automatically from the contents of ${PORTSDIR}/UIDs and
${PORTSDIR}/GIDs, once the port has been accepted into the ports tree.

For now, you need to manually add the respective user and group to the
above files, as the ports system won't be able to handle them, otherwise.

See http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=175947.

Be warned, though, that you may need to adapt the numerical user and
group id, because those in the PR may have already been assigned to
other ports.

MfG CoCo