grub2 with libzfs

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Wed Mar 27 15:18:06 UTC 2013

I know grub2 is not very popular with the FreeBSD community, but I like it.
Currently the grub2 port looks broken and port maintainer has advised me
that he plans on dropping the port soon. I don't see any point in filing a
PR at this point...

This leaves git/svn trunk from the grub2 download site for ver 2.0.
Unfortunately, when I try to compile I get a libzfs error (seems you must
invoke --enable-libzfs):

./configure --enable-libzfs  ==>
checking for ft2build.h... yes
checking for fuse_main_real in -lfuse... yes
checking fuse/fuse.h usability... yes
checking fuse/fuse.h presence... yes
checking for fuse/fuse.h... yes
checking libdevmapper.h usability... no
checking libdevmapper.h presence... no
checking for libdevmapper.h... no
checking for geom_gettree in -lgeom... yes
checking for lzma_code in -llzma... yes
checking libzfs.h usability... no
checking libzfs.h presence... no
checking for libzfs.h... no
checking libnvpair.h usability... no
checking libnvpair.h presence... no
checking for libnvpair.h... no
checking for libzfs_init in -lzfs... no
configure: error: libzfs support was explicitly requested but
requirements are not satisfied

libzfs is in /usr/lib and libzfs.so.2 is in /lib, but the make process is
looking for libzfs.h.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

Regards.