Status of packages

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 26 08:23:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 06:33:35PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> There haven't been any package updates since last October, even
> September in the soon to be legacy case of RELENG_8 i386. So lets
> say six months.
>
> Last status I noticed was in January pending 'security review of
> build farm code'.
>
> Nearly two months later this would seem to be an unusual amount of
> time to leave those users who use only packages (not ports) hanging.
>
> What needs done to get this rolling and out to the users again?

This may not have made it out in this list, the latest announcement is
here http://www.freebsd.org/news/2012-compromise.html#update20130323

In short, we're working hard on getting everything back online and have
made some very good progress the last few weeks and days, and hope to
have packages available again shortly.

Best,
Erwin

--