cannot open tty-output

Marco Steinbach coco at executive-computing.de
Mon Mar 25 21:20:24 UTC 2013

Bryan Drewery wrote on 25.03.2013 19:46:
> On 3/25/2013 6:35 AM, Bryan Drewery wrote:
>> On 3/25/2013 5:11 AM, Ilya A. Arkhipov wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Fixed in
>>> https://bitbucket.org/m1cro/d4p/commits/42e03ab186b30120fa79e2d0a6093a3c673385ef
>>>
>>> Thanks Marco.
>>>
>>> After checking it will committed, but you already can test it:
>>> - change dialog4ports version to 0.1.2
>>> - make makesum
>>> - portmaster -d /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/dialog4ports
>>> - add 2(stderr) in Tools/scripts/dialog4ports.sh in "exec $DIALOG4PORTS
>>> 2> $OPTIONSFILE" line.
>>> - test it :)
>>>
>> This has now been released to the ports tree. You will need to update
>> dialog4ports as normal with portmaster to see the jail fixes.
>>

> The jail fix was reverted for now. We missed that changing the wrapper
> (Tools/scripts/dialog4ports.sh) from stdout to stderr would break
> existing installs of previous versions. So this would cause the options
> to not save (and be cleared) if using an older version with the new wrapper.
>
> If you are using a jail just remove the '>&2' at the end of the wrapper
> for now until we get a more backwards-compatible change ready.

How about enabling dialog4ports to show it's version ?  That would
reduce the problem to having a look at the output of e.g.
'${PREFIX}/bin/dialog4ports --version'.  Something like 'Version: 0.1.2'
would do, which is easily parseable.

 From there, you'd be able to check this in the wrapper, and act
differently on different versions (no, please do not upgrade anything
without ask the user first, although it's tempting :) ).  Naturally, if
the executable exists, but no version output is detected, then it's an
old version.

MfG CoCo