is it a good idea to overwrite GCC_DEFAULT_VERSION= in Mk/bsd.gcc.mk?

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Mon Mar 25 16:09:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> I've now run ia64 with the above change for over 2 weeks,
> mostly rebuilding ports, etc.
> I didn't see any issues with gcc47.
> So, from my very limited testing,
> gcc47 can be made default.

Thanks for the feedback, Anton!  To really make that switch
globally, we'll need more extensive testing, a full ports builds
run, since there is a chance that some port you are not using may
be broken, and I hope to get this done in the coming weeks.

> Also, I saw that gcc48 is released.
> Do you have any plans to make gcc49 port?

I did so yesterday. :-)  It should be in your ports tree with the
next update.

Gerald